Conference Organizer Resources
Two-Part Approval Process for Computer Society Conferences
If a conference has previously been approved for CS financial sponsorship and, in prior consecutive instances, has not closed in a deficit, organizers can now submit conference information up to two years in advance. To get started, please complete the conference application that can be found here.
Highlights of the new process:
- Sponsorship approval is fast-tracked for majority of renewing Computer Society-sponsored conferences
- Technical Committees review and endorse renewing conferences via ICX
- Sponsorship approval is granted in advance of budget review/approval
- Budget submission and approval due 6 months prior to conference
- Silvia Ceballos, Conference Business Operations Manager, Conference Support Services - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brookes Little, Program Manager, Technical & Conference Activities, Technical & Conference Activities - email@example.com
- Carmen Saliba, Manager, Conference Support Services - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paula Anderson, Senior Conference Planner - email@example.com
- June Leach-Barnaby, Senior Conference Planner - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kenita Hidalgo, Conference Planner- email@example.com
- Michelle O'Campo, Conference Planner- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Daria Shypova, Conference Planner- email@example.com
- Marie Trinh, Conference Planner- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tricia Yamaguchi, Conference Coordinator- email@example.com
- Patrick Kellenberger, Manager, Conference Publishing Services - firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Requested Documents and Information
- IEEE Conference Application
- For renewing conferences in good standing, organizers can take advantage of the Two-Part Approval Process
- Technical Committee Meeting Planner Assignments
- IEEE CS Logos
- IEEE Logos
- Technical Meeting Handbook
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- IEEE Corporate Information (doc file)
- Publishing your Proceedings with Conference Publishing Services (CPS)
- Commonly Used Forms
- Certificates of Appreciation
Sponsorship requests should be submitted 12 months prior to the meeting start date. The conference application can be found here.
- For all returning conferences, please contact the meeting planner for your Technical Committee as early as possible. Please be prepared to provide the conference title, dates, location, and the General and Finance Chairs' names.
- If you are unsure of the assigned meeting planner or technical committee, or if you would like to initiate a new conference not previously sponsored by the CS, please contact email@example.com.
An educational webinar describing the Computer Society Conference Surplus Distribution policy presented by the Technical & Conference Activities Board (T&C) Treasurer, Frank Huebner.
Registration and Meeting Planning Services
Registration and meeting planning services can be coordinated through your assigned meeting planner. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
New and renewing conferences can view the steps and documents needed for a successful conference. Visit the Organizer Budgets page.
Sales Tax Exemption and VAT
The IEEE-CS is sales tax exempt in the 15 States listed below. Please consider the benefits of sales tax exemption in these states when beginning site selection.
For international conferences, some countries require VAT or GST payments. For more information, please review IEEE VAT and GST information.
- District of Columbia
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
The IEEE now requires all co-sponsored conferences to have completed a co-sponsorship Memorandum Of Understanding (MOU). There is a quality assurance requirement that must be completed before sponsorship is approved.
Please contact email@example.com to begin the process.
Support in Promoting your CS Sponsored Conference
The Computer Society would like to help in promoting your CS sponsored conference. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your CS conference mailing list. This e-mail alias is periodically checked for conference announcements we can use to help us promote events through our various social media channels, magazine & Web advertisements, etc.
NOTE: DO NOT write to the conferences alias with questions about sponsorship or logistics. You will not receive a response. Organizers should directly contact their assigned meeting planners.
Please visit our frequently asked questions page.
Visit the Small Conference Timeline.
Visit the Medium Conference Timeline.
Visit the Large Conference Timeline.
Tasks and Roles
View the Conference Initiation, Venue Selection and Planning, Sponsorship and Budget Approval, and Conference Closing information. Visit the Tasks and Roles page.
Professional Meeting Planners
Get help planning a meeting with our professional meeting planners.
For more information regarding Technical Co-sponsorship, please visit the TCS page.
Conference Publishing Services
Put your conference on the map and on a mobile app and e-book when you partner with the IEEE Computer Society's Conference Publishing Services. Your conference papers deserve the widest possible exposure and recognition. You need a conference publishing service with the expertise to help you reach that goal. We offer capabilities that no other publishing service can match. Visit the CPS page.
IEEE sponsors more than 1,400 annual conferences and meetings worldwide. IEEE is also highly involved in the technical program development of numerous events including trade events, training workshops, job fairs, and other programs. Visit the IEEE search page.
IEEE Computer Society Conferences Calendar
View the upcoming conferences schedule in our conference calendar page.